Regional Sports Schools – Terms and Conditions of Sale
In booking on to a Regional Sports Schools course, the customer agrees to the terms and conditions of sale as outlined below. It is important that all customers read and understand these conditions before booking a place on any course.
Description of Services
· Regional Sports Schools (RSS ) provide Sports/Dance/Drama/Music sessions in line with the description of the course chosen. This will involve led tuition by a qualified, CRB checked coach who will be the main responsible adult during the session time. In the case of children aged 4 years and under and not in full time education, an adult must remain present at the session unless the course chosen is a school-based session with provision made in the school.
· The brand names Regional Stage Schools and South Wales Soccer Schools may be used to describe the services offered. In these instances the customer understands that the Regional Sports Schools terms conditions govern these operations.
· RSS reserve the right to refuse admission or ask a parent to remove a child without prior notice.
· All parents are required to be respectful to all members of staff and use appropriate language and behaviour and vice versa. Physical or verbal abuse of staff will not be tolerated.
· There will be a charge of £5 for every 15 minutes that a child is left after the stated end of any session. This is payable immediately at the venue by cash/cheque or card.
· After 1 hour of non-collection and after telephone calls have been made to the given contact phone numbers, it is our responsibility to contact social services emergency duty line and they will then take responsibility of your child.
· Parents are not to consult RSS coaches during a session. Parents may however discuss their child’s progress with the coach before or after the session.
· If you require more information regarding a child’s progress please call the course coordinator (course coordinator details available on phoning RSS Head Office or on request at the venue).
· Parents/carers are recognised as their child’s first and most important teachers, regardless of individual and family circumstances. It is therefore our goal to use these strengths where possible.
· Parents are welcome to visit the sessions at any time.
· If parents/carers would like to become an active volunteer, they should contact the course coordinator (course coordinator details available on phoning RSS Head Office or on request at the venue).
· The applicant agrees to pay the appropriate fees as advertised for the course chosen. RSS reserves the right to change the course cost before or during the course.
· Once the payment has been made it is non-refundable under any circumstances. RSS will refund costs if for any reason a course is cancelled although in the first instance credit will be offered. RSS are not responsible for non-attendance due to illness or any event out of RSS control.
· Payment must be received before the course start date by cash, cheque or card payment unless alternative arrangements have been agreed. Customers who have not paid will not be accepted into sessions unless prior agreement with RSS has been made.
· Cash, cheque or card payment (call 02920 618158) are the preferred methods of payments. Receipts will be given out on request.
· A child will only be allowed to attend the course once payment in full has been received.
· RSS must be informed of the individuals who have permission to collect each child from the club.
· RSS courses are sold on a first come first served basis with a capacity as advertised for the individual course. After the capacity is reached, a reserve list will be created.
· A child may only attend the course when the full details asked for on the application form have been completed and handed in. It is the parent/carer’s responsibility to keep contact details and medical information up to date.
· Any medical equipment must be provided by the parent and labelled (e.g. epi-pen, asthma pump etc). It is the parents’ responsibility to let the RSS member of staff know how to use the equipment.
· Staff are not permitted to administer any type of prescribed medication under any circumstances to any child.
· Children are not permitted to bring any over the counter medication to RSS sessions, including throat sweets and lip salve.
· By agreeing to the terms and conditions, RSS coaches are given permission to administer first aid to any child should injury/illness occur, within their capabilities and qualification.
Food allergies and other conditions
· If your child has any type of allergy or other condition such as epilepsy please ensure that the appropriate part of the booking form has been completed in order to make RSS aware.
· In the event that your child develops a condition during a course please notify the course coordinator with immediate effect.
· An RSS First Aider will be present at every session.
· In the unlikely event of an accident identified as significantly serious by the first aider and the parent/carer/emergency contact person cannot be reached the named school and RSS will call an ambulance and admit the child to the appropriate medical practice. In these circumstances the child will always be accompanied by an adult.
· Parents/carers will be informed if an accident has occurred during the session and the details will be entered into our accident book.
· This book will be viewed on a daily basis at our central office.
· Parents/carers are required to provide suitable clothing (depending on the weather), change of clothes and sun cream for their child. Sun hats are also recommended on hot days. This is the parents/guardians responsibility.
· When playing on grass football boots are recommended by RSS. On hard services RSS recommend trainers. Flimsy footwear such as sandals needs to be avoided as children will be running and jumping. Parents are required to provide a raincoat as RSS will run sessions outdoors in all weather conditions.
· RSS are unable to provide or apply sun cream to any child; this is the parents/guardians responsibility.
· Parents/carers will be responsible for providing spare clothing, cleaning and changing a child in the unlikely event of a child soiling her/himself. Parents/carers will be contacted immediately if this occurs.
· Children are not permitted to wear any jewellery for health and safety reasons and children with long hair are advised to tie it back.
· RSS advise children not to bring any valuable items/precious belongings.
· RSS are not responsible for the loss of any items.
· Parents/Guardians should check all items are taken from sessions as RSS coaches cannot be responsible for lost property.
· It is the aim for RSS to resolve any complaints or concerns as quickly and amicably as possible.
· In the first case complaints are to be raised with staff and they will make every effort to resolve the issue. Complaints are to be directed to the course coordinator.
· If the matter is not resolved to your satisfaction you should follow the complaints procedure set below:
o Put your complaint in writing to the course coordinator. Include names, dates, times and what your unhappy about in the letter
o We will acknowledge and investigate your complaint within 14 days. If there is a delay, we will advise you of the reasons
o The response you receive will be copied to all staff members concerned. If you are unhappy with the outcome we will refer the matter to the next stage.
o The complaint will be referred and investigated by the management committee.
o The chair of the management committee will send a reply within four weeks outlining how the complaint was investigated and a detailed outcome.
o In the event that the management committee are unable to deal with the complaint, we will refer it to the appropriate governing body.
· The course coordinator’s contacts can be obtained by calling RSS Head Office on 02920 618158 or on request at the venue.
· RSS has an established behaviour management model based on NGB coaching guidelines and Child Protection guidelines.
· Please note as stated under the Parents information section, RSS reserve the right to refuse admission without prior notice. We may seek to apply this term if your child’s behaviour has a negative effect on the other children’s learning.
Important family news
· Parents are asked to inform RSS if there has been any event etc (positive or negative) that may have an effect on their child’s behaviour.
· All RSS coaches have attended child protection training.
· Coaches will refer any child protection issues to the course coordinator and in turn on to the RSS Child Protection Officer.
· Any further action taken will be in line with Child Protection Guidelines and in consultation with the appropriate authorities.
Photography/Filming and Images
· No parent, guardian or other spectator is permitted to use photography or video recording devices during the sessions. Any individual who does so will be asked to stop and will be removed if they refuse to stop.
· RSS reserve the right to capture images and videos of sessions including the children for the use of marketing and training purposes.
· Written notice must be made if a parent/guardian does not wish a child to appear in images taken by RSS.
· Your child should not attend sessions if he/she has a severe cough, ear ache, fever, sore throat, cold etc. If your child has experienced vomiting/diarrhoea or discharge from the eyes, ears or nose in the past 24 hours we ask that he/she does not attend the session.
· Your child should not attend sessions during the incubation period of any contagious illness to which he/she has been exposed. The GP will advise when to return to activities.
· Notify RSS if your child has developed any contagious illness.
· The RSS coach or staff will contact you if your child shows evidence of illness during the session. It is your responsibility to make arrangements to have your child picked up from the session as soon as possible should this be the case.
· If a child is absent through illness or other reasons please contact RSS on the first day of absence.
· If the absence is prolonged please contact RSS to ensure that the place is still available for the child’s return.
· RSS recommend that parents provide their children with suitable fluids for the sessions.
· Recommended fluids are water or weak squash. Fizzy Drinks are not recommended.
Needs of individuals
· RSS recognise each child as an individual and provide sessions that fully incorporate children of all abilities.
· This includes children with SEN (both less able and more able and talented children).
· RSS sessions will run regardless of the weather conditions. RSS have alternative provision should a suitable playing area not be available. This takes the form of an indoor curriculum that can be conducted in an indoor setting (e.g. classroom, cafe area, changing rooms).
· RSS will keep your child’s details on a secure database.
· RSS will not share the data received with any other organisation except the named school.
· RSS may use the data to contact you with regards to events they are running.
· RSS is registered with the National Data Protection Database and adheres to its guidelines with regard to data handling.
· All RSS staff and parents/carers must read and understand this policy and adhere to its contents at all times.
· No telephone number other than the course coordinators will be given relating to RSS staff or parents/carers without their consent.
· No information regarding the child and their parents/carers will be given out under any circumstance other than to those with appropriate permissions or legal access to information.
· RSS STAFF UNDERSTAND THAT ALL INFORMATION THAT THEY READ OR HEAR MUST REMAIN PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL.
· The customer understands that these terms and conditions may change from time to time and should be read and agreed to whenever applying for an RSS course.
Regional Sports Schools (RSS) is a trading name of South Wales Soccer Schools Limited. Registered in the UK number 5432357, head office 38 Caer Wenallt, Rhiwbina, Cardiff CF14 7HN.
© 2011 Regional Sports Schools. All Rights Reserved.